[Jailbreak Tweak] Aloud Brings Improved Voice Notifications To Siri
Aloud is a new “feature rich” jailbreak tweak by iOS developer Ori Kadosh that will speak your notifications out loud when you get them using Siri. This jailbreak tweak can come in handy if you are driving or just have been searching for an easy way to know what notifications you are getting without looking at the device screen.
Full features list of Aloud:
- Aloud speaks a lot of languages – over 30 of them!
- Customize Aloud’s voice with a custom rate and a custom volume!
- Suppress the original notification sounds
- Works with every notification
- Choose what apps you don’t want Aloud to speak for
- Tons of rules to set so Aloud won’t interrupt:
- Device state (un/locked or both)
- Disrespect the mute switch
- Speak only with headphones
- Only when charging
- Don’t speak in-call
- Don’t speak on certain days
- Don’t speak on certain hours
- Make Activator actions to listen to this set of rules (or not)
- Custom speaking formats:
- Speak only the message, title or both!
- Dynamic format – automatically configured for messages, emails and Music with MusicBanners!
- Activator Actions! Including:
- Repeat the last notification
- Stop speaking
- System state (WiFi, battery, charging)
- Date and time
- Works great with Hands-Free Control and tell it to “Read” your last notification!
The tweak is available in Cydia Store for 99¢ for the first three days of its release. After those days are over, Aloud will cost the same amount as SpeakEvents ($1.99). Aloud requires iOS 5 and has Hands-Free Control integration. Once we have installed Aloud from Cydia, there is a long list of preferences available under Settings.
You can also check out SpeakEvents which has a similar concept but is not as feature rich as Aloud. You can download SpeakEvents for FREE, but you will need to purchase a license for a price of $1.99 AUD, which is approximately the same price in US dollars.